Sunday, November 15, 2015

Give Thanks Turkey Wreath

Aloha all,

I have just been in love with all of the wreath possibilities.  There are just too many ways to use these as a decoration for any occasion.

 I couldn't resist making a fall wreath of KBD's CK-Give Thanks Turkey in hindsight I should have used CK-Pumpkin Turkey so that my turkey could have some feet.

Should you make this cutie, now you know which turkey you need to grab.

For the wreath colors, I used burgundy, gold, green and orange tulle. Because these colors are so light I first had to paint my foam wreath yellow using acrylic paint found at my local Walmart.

I highly advise painting your wreath.

This wreath is about 8 inches in diameter.

I did  not use the whole turkey to create my wreath, so if you decide to replicate this here are the measurements.

Please keep the body, eyes, beak and nose, wattle (red dangly piece) grouped together and expand to a height of 9.721. 

  Of course, you are more than welcome to make this guy bigger or as small as you please.

The orange flickering lights inside the wreath are actually Halloween lights that I got on sale.

To finish off my masterpiece I embossed the wings of my turkey using a Fall embossing folder from Darice and the wattle was embossed using Tim Holtz Snowfall embossing folder.

The leaves wrapped around the wreath are actually a wire leaves decoration string found at my local craft store.


For those of you that know me so well, this project simply would not be complete without my handy dandy JB dies and stamps. The dies are from JB's Fall dies and the stamp sentiment comes from their Holiday Treat Tags stamp.

Mahalo for stopping by and as always, I hope you all have a crafty day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment