Monday, August 31, 2015

Back to School

Hi everyone,

Thanks for swinging by today.

Living in Hawaii, our school system is a little different from the continental U.S. Here, our children are on what is considered a year round system, meaning we started school back in July.

One of the required items that continuously keeps making an appearance on my daughter's school supply list is her handy dandy composition book.
Needles to say, I hate the black and white marble cover and even though my daughter is in high school, it must be revamped!

For my project today, I made a super simple book cover and in honor of returning back to school, KBD's cute school owl was used as my center piece. The background frames was made using my Mama Elephant dies. If you never heard about this company, I encourage you to take a look and see what you like. They have the cutest stamps and accompanying dies.

To create the binding cover, I cut my yellow cardstock at 2.5 inches wide and wrapped it over my chosen scrap paper cover and covered the seam of my binding cover with ribbon I found at my local craft fair.

This super cute original cover ensures that my daughter will always be able to find her composition book first and will be able to get a head start on her assignments before the rest of the class. It also has the added benefit of the teacher always remembering whose book they are checking as well.

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you have a scrappy day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment